- IaaS Agent extension full mode no restart for SQL VMs generally availableon 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
SQL Server IaaS Agent extension can now be upgraded to full mode from lightweight mode without any service disruptions.
- SQL Server IaaS Agent extension for Linux SQL VMs generally availableon 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
SQL Server IaaS Agent extension license management capabilities are now available for Ubuntu Linux virtual machines.
- Public preview: Azure Monitor action rules are now ‘alert processing rules’on 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
We are enhancing the preview of alert processing rules with capabilities for richer at-scale management.
- Public preview: Measure product effectiveness with new user analytics experience in Application Insightson 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
A new experience based on Google’s “HEART framework” helps you measure product effectiveness.
- General availability: Audit Logs of Azure Monitor log querieson 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Azure Monitor logs is announcing a new capability to collect audit logs about query execution
- General availability: Create AKS clusters without local user accountson 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Disable local accounts for AKS cluster and use AAD only for more secure cluster access.
- General availability: AKS auto-certificate rotationon 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
You no longer need to monitor and manually rotate non-CA certificates on the AKS control plane and agent nodes for compliance or policy reasons.
- General availability: AKS node image auto-upgradeon 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
AKS now handles the routine task of node image upgrade for you.
- Azure Communication Services: Short code functionality for SMS now available in public previewon 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Execute high-volume SMS campaigns in seconds with easy, automated short code functionality.
- 5 reasons Azure Databricks is best for Hadoop workloadsby Arindam Chatterjee on 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 09:00
Due to the complexity, high cost of operations, and unscalable infrastructure, on-premises Hadoop platforms have often not delivered on their initial promises to impact business value. As a result, many enterprises are now seeking to modernize their Hadoop platforms to cloud data platforms.
- General availability: New capabilities in Network Watcher Diagnostic tools to evaluate AVNM Security ruleson 1 Δεκεμβρίου, 2021 at 08:00
Through updates to Network Watcher Diagnostic tools, you now have the ability to view and evaluate AVNM security rules in addition to the existing support of NSG security rules.
- Public preview: Azure NetApp Files application volume group for SAP HANAon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:56
With Azure NetApp Files application volume group (AVG) for SAP HANA, you are able to deploy all volumes required to install and operate an SAP HANA system according to best practices.
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server now generally availableon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Use the Flexible Server deployment option allowing better control, flexibility, zone-redundant high availability, and cost optimization on Azure Database for PostgreSQL, a managed service running the open source PostgreSQL database.
- Azure Load Testing now available in public previewon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
You can now generate high scale load with ease and integrate it into existing CI/CD workflows.
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server: Geo-redundant backup and restore in public previewon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Strengthen your business continuity and disaster recovery plan with geo-redundant backup and restore for Flexible Server on Azure Database for PostgreSQL, a managed service running the open source Postgres database.
- General availability: Azure HDInsight API version updatedon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
New HDInsight API adds new networking and availability features that help you build more resilient and secure networks.
- General availability: Data transformation at Export in Azure IoT Centralon 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 16:44
This update allows the ability for you to transform device data in IoT Central into your preferred structure and export that transformed data to an external destination.
- Azure Cost Management and Billing updates – November 2021by Michael Flanakin on 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 10:00
November comes to a close with the long-awaited ability to subscribe to scheduled cost emails, new cost recommendations for Azure Data Explorer and Cosmos DB, and 10 new cost saving opportunities, and 11 documentation updates. Enjoy!
- Introducing Azure Load Testing: Optimize app performance at scaleby Mandy Whaley on 30 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 09:00
Today, we are announcing the preview of Azure Load Testing, a fully managed Azure service that enables developers and testers to generate high-scale load with custom Apache JMeter scripts and gain actionable insights to catch and fix performance bottlenecks at scale.
- General availability: Secure Data Egress via Managed Identity in Azure IoT Centralon 29 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 23:51
Azure IoT Central now supports System Assigned Managed Identity allowing you to configure secure data exports.
- General availability: VPN Gateway NATon 29 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 20:40
Azure VPN Gateway NAT (Network Address Translation) can be used to connect on-premises networks or branch offices to an Azure virtual network with overlapping IP addresses.
- General availability: Wildcard listener on Application Gatewayson 29 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Application Gateway now supports wildcard characters for multi-site listeners.
- SONiC opens more opportunities for network innovationby Xin Liu on 29 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 08:00
SONiC, as an open-source operating system for network devices, has been growing rapidly in the last five years. We have been working with many partners on innovations extending SONiC to new scenarios in the past year. Let’s look at what was showcased in the OCP Global Summit this month, and the opportunities SONiC enables.
- Public preview refresh: Azure IoT Central REST API new and updated endpointson 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 00:56
IoT Central REST API now supports a series of new API endpoints that you can access through the 1.1-preview endpoint.
- Private preview: Root cause analysis, new telemetry, & alerts for SAP NetWeaver in AMSon 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 00:53
View root cause analysis (RCA) for SAP system unavailability caused by virtual machine or host outage and new telemetry for SAP NetWeaver in Azure Monitor for SAP Solutions (AMS).
- Public preview: New SAP HANA telemetry in AMSon 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 00:24
SAP HANA license status, delta merges, and more telemetry now available in Azure Monitor for SAP Solutions.
- General availability of custom OpenID providers in App Service and Azure Functionson 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 21:49
Support for authenticating clients of App Service and Azure Functions using OpenID Connect is now generally available.
- Azure Scheduler will be retired on 31 January 2022on 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 19:42
Transition to Azure Log Apps before 31 January 2022.
- In development: New planned datacenter region in Belgium (Belgium Central)on 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Microsoft has announced plans to bring a new datacenter region to Belgium, including Availability Zones.
- Scaling for the future of ophthalmology with artificial intelligence powered by Azure Healthcare APIsby Heather Jordan Cartwright on 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 11:00
ZEISS partnered with Microsoft to power the ZEISS Medical Ecosystem with the Azure Healthcare APIs. ZEISS Meditec is collaborating with ZEISS Digital Innovation as the implementation partner for the data platform and multiple ecosystem applications. ZEISS Digital Innovation is a provider of custom software development services, implementing and operating innovative digital healthcare solutions for the ZEISS group and clients outside ZEISS.
- General availability: Improved legends in IoT Central Analytics chartson 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 00:10
Grouping by Device Name is now supported in IoT Central Analytics charts.
- Public preview: Azure Virtual Machines DCasv5 and ECasv5-series now availableon 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 21:59
New DCasv5 and ECasv5-series Azure Confidential Virtual Machines are available in public preview
- Public preview: Node.js 16 in Azure Functionson 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
- Azure Site Recovery update rollup 59 is now generally available – November 2021on 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 16:33
Information about the improvements and fixes provided in Update Rollup 59.
- Advancing service resilience in Azure Active Directory with its backup authentication serviceby Mark Russinovich on 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 10:00
The most critical promise of our identity services is ensuring that every user can access the apps and services they need without interruption. We’ve been strengthening this promise to you through a multi-layered approach, leading to our improved promise of 99.99 percent authentication uptime for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Microsoft expands cloud services with two new datacenters in Wyomingby Sergio Loureiro on 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 09:00
Today, we are announcing the launch of two new Microsoft datacenters in Cheyenne, Wyoming—one in Cheyenne Business Parkway and another in Bison Business Park—enabling us to expand and support the growth and demand for our digital services in our West Central US datacenter region. Cheyenne has been home to Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure services since 2012 and this expansion will enable us to continue providing services to current and new customers.
- Simplify connectivity, routing, and security with Azure Virtual WANby Reshmi Yandapalli on 22 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 08:00
Over the past few months, we added several new capabilities to Azure Virtual WAN which customers can embrace to significantly simplify routing design and management in Azure, and secure traffic flows. Today, we are announcing new features that customers can utilize when they are applicable to their scenarios.
- Dynamic allocation for Apache Spark in Azure Synapse now generally availableon 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Expanded options for autoscale for Apache Spark in Azure Synapse are now available through dynamic allocation of executors.
- General availability: Increased connection limit for VPN Gatewayson 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 16:27
VPN Gateways can now support up to 100 Site-to-Site/VNet-to-VNet connections for some VPN Gateway SKUs.
- Public preview: Azure Virtual Machines DCv3-series now available in Europe West and Northon 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 22:39
Confidential computing DCsv3 and DCdsv3-series virtual machines (VMs) are now available in Europe West and Europe North.
- General availability: New Sweden Central region added to Azure HDInsighton 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 18:53
HDInsight is now available in more European regions, Sweden Central.
- Forging a path from telco to cloud with Microsoft Azureby Ryan van Wyk on 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 08:00
Across industries, organizations are venturing deeper into their digital transformation journeys every day, and the telco industry is no exception. We recently sat down with Microsoft’s Partner Software Engineering Manager, Ryan van Wyk, who joined Microsoft as part of our acquisition of AT&T’s carrier-grade Network Cloud platform technology.
- Azure VMware Solution now generally available in the France Central Azure Regionon 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 01:16
Azure VMware Solution has now expanded availability to France Central, this update is in addition to the existing availability multiple Azure regions in US, Europe, Australia, Japan, UK, Canada, Brazil and Southeast Asia (Singapore).
- Public preview: Azure SQL bindings for Azure Functionson 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 21:00
You can connect Azure SQL to Azure Functions more easily with input and output bindings, now available in public preview.
- JetStream Disaster Recovery for Azure VMware Solution now generally availableon 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 18:00
JetStream Disaster Recovery is now generally available on Azure VMware Solution, enabling DR protection for VMware based business applications. JetStream Disaster Recovery for Azure VMware Solution is also cost-effective, leveraging Azure Blob Storage to minimize resources at the DR site.
- General availability: Azure Machine Learning updates – November 2021on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
The new feature in general availability for Azure Machine Learning includes deploying with pre-built Inferencing docker images.
- Public preview: Azure Machine Learning updates – November 2021on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
New features now available in public preview for Azure Machine Learning include test AutoML models and calculate test metrics, support for storage account IP firewall, and new pipeline capabilities using CLI v2.
- Virtual machines selector now generally availableon 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
The newly released virtual machines selector lets you quickly find the Azure VMs and disk storage options that meet your requirements. Localized in 26 different languages, the tool guides your selection based on workload categories, operating systems, and Azure regions of your choice. The virtual machine selector is integrated with the pricing calculator.
- Public preview: Monitor Spring Boot apps in Azure Spring Cloud with AppDynamicson 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
With the integration of AppDynamics in Azure Spring Cloud, developers can keep using a popular and familiar application performance monitoring (APM) tool to monitor Spring Boot applications.
- Public preview: Azure Spring Cloud start and stop, bring your own persistent storage, and Service Connectoron 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2021 at 17:00
Azure Spring Cloud now lets you start and stop your applications to reduce costs, bring your own persistent storage for logs and dumps, and connect your apps with Azure services more easily using Service Connector.