- Export and manage Azure Policy as code with GitHubon 25 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
New integrations in between Azure Policy and GitHub are now in public preview.
- Azure Databricks Achieves FedRAMP High Authorization on Microsoft Azure Governmenton 25 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
With this certification, customers can now use Azure Databricks to process the U.S. government’s most sensitive, unclassified data in cloud computing environments, including data that involves the protection of life and financial assets.
- Azure Resource Manager template support for Azure file share backupon 25 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
You can now leverage Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template to configure backup for Azure file shares.
- Microsoft to establish its first datacenter region in Swedenon 25 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 05:35
The new region is anticipated to include Microsoft Azure, with Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform to follow.
- More IOPS at no additional cost for Azure Files premium tieron 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 18:04
All premium shares get additional baseline and burst input/output per second (IOPS) at zero cost, providing better performance and lower cost of deployment.
- Unified Connection Monitor in Network Watcher is now generally availableon 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Connection monitor provides unified end-to-end connection monitoring capabilities for hybrid and Azure deployments. It brings together the best of Network Performance Monitor and Connection Monitor (classic).
- Achieving 100 percent renewable energy with 24/7 monitoring in Microsoft Swedenby Noelle Walsh on 24 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 03:10
Today, we are announcing that Microsoft will be the first hyperscale cloud provider to track hourly energy consumption and renewable energy matching in a commercial product using the Vattenfall 24/7 Matching solution for our new datacenter regions in Sweden, which will be available in 2021.
- Azure portal November 2020 updateon 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 20:34
Updates include moving resources from a resource group to another region and a filter pills update.
- The Azure Cloud Shell image has been updatedon 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:02
Azure Cloud Shell has been updated to use a new base image. This will provide updates to some of the most common tools and commands.
- Azure Boards – Delivery Plans 2.0 is now in previewon 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:00
With this release, we’re announcing the public preview release of Delivery Plans 2.0 and other improvements.
- Hybrid and multicloud strategies for financial services organizationsby Lucia Stanham on 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 09:00
The financial services industry is a dynamic space that is constantly testing and pushing novel use cases of information technology. Many of its members must balance immense demands—from the pressures to unlock continuous innovation in a landscape with cloud-native entrants, to responding to unexpected surges in demand and extend services to new regions—all while managing risk and combatting financial crime.
- Guest health feature in Azure Monitor for virtual machinesby Xema Pathak on 23 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 08:00
We are announcing the preview of Azure Monitor for virtual machines guest health feature that monitors the health of your virtual machines and fires an alert when any parameter being monitored is outside the acceptable range.
- Azure Data Factory adds cached lookups and enhanced zoom design to data flowson 20 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Azure Data Factory (ADF) has made it easier to view and manage large, complex ETL patterns with new zoom controls for complex graph design. ADF has also added cached lookups to data flows for more efficient and faster design patterns.
- Multiple new features for Azure VPN Gateway are now generally availableon 20 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 16:45
Take advantage of multiple new enhancements and features that are now generally available in Azure VPN Gateway.
- Azure Shared Image Gallery–New features are now generally availableon 20 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 16:00
Shared Image Gallery introduces new features to copy image versions, use disks or VMs to create image versions, and export a managed from an image version.
- Azure Site Recovery – Support for increased disk size in Azure VM disaster recovery is now generally availableon 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 20:46
Protect Azure VMs with increased disk sizes.
- Azure Monitor for Virtual Machines Guest Health is in public previewon 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Announcing the Public Preview of the Guest Health feature of Azure Monitor for Virtual Machines, that monitors the health of your virtual machines and fires an alert when any of the parameters being monitored are outside the acceptable range.
- A new version of Text Analytics is now in public previewon 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Text Analytics new API version supports batch processing and healthcare scenarios.
- Performance tiers for Premium SSDs is now generally availableon 19 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Achieve higher performance and cost savings on Azure Disk Storage with performance tiers.
- Node.js 14 for Azure Functions is now available in public previewon 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Developers can now build and publish Azure Functions Apps using Node.js 14.
- Azure Backup for Azure PostgreSQL long-term retention in previewby Swati Sachdeva on 18 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 11:00
If you have opted for Azure Database for PostgreSQL server, you are probably looking for a fully managed, intelligent, and flexible cloud database service that enables you to focus on building applications while offloading critical management tasks such as availability, scalability, and data protection to the service provider.
- SMB Multichannel preview is now available on Azure Files premium tieron 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 21:00
Lower your deployment cost and increase you Server Message Block (SMB) 3.x client’s performance with Azure Files SMB Multichannel.
- HDInsight HBase Accelerated Writes with Premium Data Lake Storage Gen2 is now generally availableon 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:00
With Premium Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 support for accelerated writes HDInsight HBase cluster, customers can now have increased read performance compared to standard storage and also take advantage of Hierarchical namespace feature of Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Azure Backup for SAP HANA backup – User management improvementson 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:00
The permissions required by a Azure Backup user for SAP HANA backup is now much simpler and automatically handled by a simple script from Azure Backup.
- Cognitive Services Speech adds new Neural TTS voices and general availability of Neural TTS in containerson 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 18:56
Speech service adds 10 new neural Text to Speech (TTS) voices and announces general availability of Neural TTS in containers.
- Azure Backup for SAP HANA databases now supports Incremental backups – Public previewon 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Azure Backup for SAP HANA now supports HANA incremental backups which allows you to have faster and more cost-effective backups.
- Azure Kubernetes Service updates for November 2020on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
AKS updates in general availability include ephemeral OS disk support, AKS containerd support, maxSurge support, Kubernetes 1.19 support, and more.
- Boost your client performance with Azure Files SMB Multichannelby Gunjan Jain on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 10:00
Lower your deployment cost, while improving client performance with Server Message Block (SMB) Multichannel on premium tier.
- Azure Hybrid Benefit now generally available for Linuxby David Dennis on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 09:00
Coinciding with this week’s Kubecon and Open Azure Day virtual events, today we’re announcing the general availability of Azure Hybrid Benefit functionality for Linux customers, allowing you to bring both your on-premises Windows Server and SQL Server licenses, as well as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) subscriptions to Azure.
- Empowering developer velocity and efficiency with Kubernetesby Brendan Burns on 17 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 09:00
Welcome to KubeCon North America. It seems only yesterday that we were together in San Diego. Though we’re farther apart physically this year, the Kubernetes community continues to go strong.
- General availability: VPN over ExpressRoute private peeringon 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 22:52
VPN over ExpressRoute allows customers to encrypt all traffic going over their ExpressRoute circuit. VPN over ExpressRoute, combined with site-to-site and point-to-site VPN provides end-to-end encryption between data centers, branch offices and remote users.
- Public preview: Application Insight in UAE Northon 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:09
UAE North is now in public preview for customers to start collecting telemetry and analyze their services for health using Application Insight.
- Public preview: Azure Log Analytics in Germany West Central, UAE North, and Switzerland Weston 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:07
Germany West Central, UAE North, and Switzerland West are now in public preview for customers to start collecting telemetry and analyze their services for health and usage using Azure Log Analytics.
- General availability: Application Insight in Australia Central, Brazil Southeast, and Norway Easton 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:06
Application Insight, a part of Azure Monitor, is now generally available in Australia Central, Brazil Southeast, and Norway East regions for customers to collect telemetry and analyze their service health in production environments.
- General availability: Azure Log Analytics in Brazil Southeast and Norway Easton 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:05
Log Analytics, a feature of Azure Monitor, is now generally available for customers to start collecting telemetry and analyze their services for health and usage in Brazil Southeast and Norway East.
- Azure high-performance computing at Supercomputing 2020by Kevin Raines on 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 09:00
Customers around the world rely on Microsoft Azure to drive innovations related to our environment, public health, energy sustainability, weather modeling, economic growth, and more.
- Connecting urban environments with IoT and Digital Twinsby Miriam Berhane Russom on 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 08:00
As urbanization continues to take hold and cities face challenges to become more sustainable and livable, urban planning and operations strategies must adapt. Now more than ever, public and private organizations are coming together to push transformative solutions and change the way we plan and operate infrastructure and urban environments for all.
- Advancing global network reliability through intelligent software—part 2 of 2by Mark Russinovich on 16 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 08:00
In our two-part series on advancing global network reliability through intelligent software, we explain how we’ve approached our network design, and how we’re constantly working to improve both reliability and performance.
- Custom Translator V2 upgrade (full trainability) is generally availableon 12 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 23:00
Custom Translator completed the full V2 platform upgrade to deliver an even bigger translation quality gain than before. Customers can now build custom models with all document types (Training, Testing, Tuning, Phrase Dictionary, and Sentence Dictionary) using full text documents, like Office documents, PDFs, HTML, and plain text.
- New SAP HANA Certified Memory-Optimized Virtual Machines now availableon 12 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:01
We are expanding our SAP HANA certifications, enabling you to run production SAP HANA workloads on the Edsv4 virtual machines sizes.
- Azure IoT Central new and updated features—October 2020on 12 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
October updates job scheduling, enhanced IoT Edge support, dashboard improvements, and documentation updates.
- New version of SSMS and ADS tools for serverless SQL pools in Azure Synapse Analyticson 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 19:00
Serverless SQL pool released a new version of SSMS and ADS which improves scripting in object explorer and increases stability.
- Azure achieves Service Organization Controls compliance for 14 additional serviceson 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:10
Azure gives you some of the industry’s broadest certifications for the critical SOC 1, 2, and 3 compliance offering, which is widely used around the world.
- Support for Oracle WebLogic Server on Azure Kubernetes Service is now availableon 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
This initial release of solutions jointly developed between Microsoft and Oracle enables you to bring your WebLogic workloads to a managed Kubernetes service on Azure.
- Service Fabric release 7.2 is now availableon 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
This release brings new features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements.
- .NET 5 now available in App Serviceon 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
App Service support for .NET 5 applications is available across all public regions and scenarios on both Windows and Linux App Service plans.
- Azure Cosmos DB transactional batch support for Java SDK 4.7.0 and above is now availableon 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
This new support satisfies a frequent customer ask for ACID-compliant transactions that succeed or fail altogether.
- Redis 6.0 is now in preview for Azure Cache for Redison 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Redis 6.0 (preview) for Azure Cache for Redis brings several new features enhancing developer productivity including Redis Streams (new list data type), new commands, improved HyperLogLog performance, and more.
- Azure Machine Learning updates–November 2020on 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Numerous updates across security, performance, experimentation and automated ML capabilities have been implemented.
- SQL Server Reporting Services Virtual Machine images now availableon 11 Νοεμβρίου, 2020 at 17:00
Migrate SQL Server Reporting Services workloads into Azure using pre-configured VM images to enable easier workload management, more efficient onboarding to the cloud, and leverage benefits by selecting preconfigured images.