- General availability: Web Application Firewall (WAF) bot protection on Application Gatewayon 30 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 20:51
Try the bot protection rule set alongside your OWASP core rule set (CRS), now generally available for Azure Web Application Firewall running on Application Gateway.
- General availability: Web Application Firewall (WAF) geomatch custom rules on Application Gatewayon 30 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 20:51
Try geomatch custom rules to block or allow traffic based on geo-location, now generally available for Azure Web Application Firewall on Application Gateway.
- Start VM on connect capability in Azure Virtual Desktop enters general availabilityon 29 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 17:30
Start VM on Connect will help you optimize the costs of your deployment by offering a configuration setting in the service to start stopped or deallocated VMs when needed.
- Immutable storage with versioning for Blob Storage is now in public previewon 29 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 17:00
Set time-based policies or legal holds on data so that the data becomes non-erasable and non-modifiable and protect all versions of a blob.
- Advancing your financial services strategy with Azure sustainabilityby Kristen Hicks on 29 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 08:30
Given the growing importance of sustainability, this article will address how sustainability strategies can be utilized as a catalyst for business growth, particularly in the financial services industry, and how Microsoft Azure is uniquely positioned to help our customers achieve these goals.
- Azure Sphere SDK version 21.07 Update 1 is now availableon 28 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 23:58
This SDK update fixes a bug in the 21.07 SDK that was released earlier this month.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager is now generally available for Azure VMware Solutionon 28 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure VMware Solution (AVS) customers are now be able to take advantage of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for disaster recovery scenarios including; On-premise VMware to AVS, and Primary AVS to Secondary AVS private cloud environments.
- General availability: Azure ExpressRoute: 3 New Peering Locations Availableon 28 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 15:39
ExpressRoute lets you extend your on-premises networks into the Microsoft cloud over a private connection with the help of a connectivity provider. The service is now available in 3 new peering locations.
- Azure Site Recovery update rollup 56 is now generally available – July 2021on 27 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 17:00
The latest Azure Site Recovery update provides improvements, fixes, updated replication support, and download links for Site Recovery components.
- General Availability: Azure Stream Analytics Tools for Visual Studio Codeon 27 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure Stream Analytics Tools for Visual Studio Code is for developers to easily author, test, debug, and manage Azure Stream Analytics jobs.
- Azure Cost Management and Billing updates – July 2021by Michael Flanakin on 27 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 10:00
We’re back with the usuals this month with an improved management experience, 9 new ways to save money with Azure, 3 videos, and 5 documentation updates. Stay tuned for even more next month!
- Public preview: Azure Virtual Desktop is now available in the Azure China cloudon 26 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 23:31
Get started today with Azure Virtual Desktop in public preview in Azure China cloud. Deploy and scale Windows desktops and apps on Azure in minutes.
- Optimize your cloud spend with Azureby Microsoft Azure on 26 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 14:00
Customers are looking for better ways to balance the pace of innovation with the need for agility while managing costs, maintaining control, and meeting increasingly rigorous standards around security and compliance. Today, we discuss how we are creating a consistent, simplified cost and pricing experience for our customers, with greater flexibility, transparency, and forecasting accuracy.
- Azure Active Directory support for Azure Relay now in public previewon 23 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 17:00
Azure Relay now supports authentication and authorization via Azure AD as a public preview offering. With Azure AD, you don’t need to store tokens in your code.
- General availability: Azure Sphere version 21.07on 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 22:00
The 21.07 update includes heap memory allocation tracking, time sync changes, and support for service principles.
- General availability: New West US 3 region added to Azure HDInsighton 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 17:21
HDInsight is now generally available for West US 3 customers.
- General availability: Azure Monitor Agent and Data Collection Rules now support direct proxies and Log Analytics gatewayon 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
If you use a proxy server or Log Analytics gateway to communicate to Azure Monitor, you can now start using the new Azure Monitor Agent (AMA) and Data Collection Rules (DCR) in these network configurations.
- General availability: Better integration between Azure Monitor and Grafanaon 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Customers using Grafana for visualizing Azure Monitor metrics can now enable additional data sources and have easier authentication using managed identity.
- General availability: Built-in Azure Policy support for Network Watcher Traffic Analyticson 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Traffic Analytics can now be enabled using Built-in Azure Policy, thus improving your deployment experience. Now organizations can enforce org wide standards and manage traffic monitoring at scale using these policies.
- General availability: Python Functions now support custom telemetry in Application Insightson 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure Monitor is releasing a new PyPI package that expands distributed tracing support in Application Insights for Python Functions.
- General availability: Public IP information and inter-zone traffic among many new insights in Traffic Analyticson 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure Network Watcher Traffic Analytics solutions is used to monitor network traffic. It now provides WHOIS and Geographic data for all Public IPs interacting with your deployments and further adds DNS domain, threat type & threat description for Malicious IPs. Now, it also supports inter-zone traffic and VMSS level traffic insights.
- The public preview of Azure Database for PostgreSQL – Flexible Server now supported in new regionson 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Provision new Flexible Server deployments in new regions for Azure Database for PostgreSQL, a managed service running the open source Postgres database on Azure.
- Public preview: Azure App Service Migration Assistant PowerShell-based experienceon 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
The PowerShell-based experience for the Azure App Service Migration Assistant is now in public preview.
- Azure Database for MySQL – Flexible Server Auto-grow storage in public previewon 21 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
With auto-grow storage enabled, your storage automatically grows when storage consumed on the Flexible Server is nearing its provisioned limit.
- Azure VMware Solution now generally available in the Canada East regionon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 23:43
Azure VMware Solution has expanded availability to Canada East. With this release Canada East is now the second region within the Canadian sovereign area to become available (joining Canada Central).
- Public preview: IoT Edge Metrics Collector module 1.0.1 releaseon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:51
This update provides security and reliability improvements, and support for government and regional clouds.
- Announcing the Azure Firewall Premium general availabilityon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Utilize next-generation firewall capabilities in Azure Firewall Premium
- Public preview: Scan and view lineage of data stored in Erwin Mart, Google BigQuery and Looker using Azure Purviewon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure Purview now supports automated scanning from Erwin, BigQuery and Looker soureces to extract schema and lineage between data.
- Shared disks on Azure Disk Storage are now generally available on all Premium SSD and Standard SSD sizeson 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Shared disks can now be leveraged on smaller Premium SSDs from 4GiB to 128 GiB and all Standard SSDs from 4 GiB to 32 TiB. This expands shared disk support to Ultra Disk, Premium SSD, and Standard SSD enabling you to optimize for different price and performance options based on your workload needs.
- Public preview: Alerts, Pacemaker cluster (RHEL OS) and data-size for SAP HANAon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 15:00
SAP on Azure customers can now set threshold-based alerts on SAP application, databases and clusters though Azur portal with few clicks.
- Private preview: New telemetry for SAP Application (NetWeaver) in Azure portalon 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 15:00
SAP on Azure customers can now view SAP Application telemetry like short dumps, SDF/SMON and STO3 in Azure portal.
- How cloud computing can improve 5G wireless networksby Victor Bahl on 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 08:00
A great deal has been written about the technologies fueling 5G, especially how those technologies will improve the experience that users have regarding connectivity. Similarly, much has been said about how ongoing developments in technology will usher in a new generation of network-aware applications.
- Next-generation firewall capabilities with Azure Firewall Premiumby Eliran Azulai on 19 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 07:00
Following the preview release announced in February 2021, we are announcing the general availability release of Azure Firewall Premium. Key features in this release include: TLS Inspection, IDPS, Web Categories, and URL Filtering.
- Azure VMware Solution now generally available in the Australia Southeast regionon 16 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 19:48
Azure VMware Solution has expanded availability to Australia Southeast. With this release Australia Southeast is now the second region within the Australian sovereign area to become available (joining Australia East).
- Azure Automation support for User Assigned Managed Identities is now in public previewon 16 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Use user-assigned identities for Azure Automation runbook jobs.
- General availability: Azure IoT Central new and updated features—June 2021on 15 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 18:00
June updates include dashboard enhancements, the IoT Plug and Play smartphone app including updated quickstarts, rule condition enhancements, a new responsive UI, and a new Learn module.
- Accelerate your Azure migration and modernization journey with expanded programs and offersby Tanuj Bansal on 15 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 08:00
In the past year, organizations increasingly turned to the cloud to survive potential business disruptions. At Microsoft, we partnered with businesses of all sizes, to help them take advantage of the scalability, remote work enablement, and cost efficiencies of migrating to the cloud. Today at Microsoft Inspire, we’re announcing new and expanded programs, offers, and product investments—helping customers to accelerate their migration and modernization journey with Azure.
- Session and cache provider using Azure Cosmos DB in general availabilityon 15 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 00:27
Use Azure Cosmos DB as a session state and cache provider through Microsoft.Extensions.Caching.Cosmos extension package for global scaling and low latency.
- Limited preview: Migrate your Azure Data Lake Storage from Gen1 to Gen2 using the Azure Portalon 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 22:16
Use this simple experience to migrate your data from Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 to Gen2 to speed up your time to insights.
- Azure Maps Creator v1 preview will be retired on 6 September 2021on 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 22:14
Transition to Azure Maps Creator v2 by 6 September 2021
- Public preview: Azure Service Bus support for large messageson 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 21:00
You can now send and receive message payloads of up to 100MB in Azure Service Bus premium tier namespaces.
- General availability: Deliver a secure hybrid workplace with Azure Virtual Desktop and Windows 365on 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 18:01
Learn about our new announcements and product updates for Azure Virtual Desktop at Microsoft Inspire 2021.
- General availability: Azure Spring Cloud Pricing Model Changeon 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Upcoming changes to base units in Azure Spring Cloud Basic and Standard will result in lower costs for many customers.
- Free Extended Security Updates only on Azure for Windows Server 2012 /R2and SQL Server 2012on 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Learn how you can take advantage of free Extended Security only Azure for workloads running on Windows Server 2012/R2 and SQL Server 2012 releases.
- Public preview: API Management and Event Grid integrationon 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure API Management has now been updated to publish events to Event Grid.
- General availability: Application Insights integration with App Services for Java & Node.js appson 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Integration of Azure Monitor application insights with App Services now enables you to monitor your Java & Node.js apps directly from Azure portal, without making any changes to your code, with just a click of a button.
- Public preview: Azure Spring Cloud New Relic One integration and additional feature updateson 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Azure Spring Cloud now supports New Relic One for performance monitoring (in preview), reduced minimum app instance sizes, automated app deployments with Terraform and Azure Pipelines, and Azure Virtual Network in Azure China.
- Azure SQL enabled by Azure Arc generally available on July 30, 2021on 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Bring cloud data management to data workloads on-premises, at the edge, and in multicloud environments.
- Azure Machine Learning public preview announcements July 2021on 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
New features Custom Containers in Managed Online Endpoints and Job Creation UI are now available in preview in Azure Machine Learning.
- Confidential computing using Always Encrypted with secure enclaves for Azure SQL Database in general availabilityon 14 Ιουλίου, 2021 at 16:00
Always Encrypted with secure enclaves helps prevent malicious admins and malware from exfiltrating sensitive data, while enabling in-place encryption and rich confidential computations, including pattern matching, range comparisons, and sorting.